Monday, April 18, 2011

BECAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR...

just following my dreams

The agents are coming, the agents are coming..... it's true. I am happy to say, I have been requested by a well known New York Literary Agent, with Hollywood connections, to send what they call a partial...the first fifty pages of my book. I am excited, but I have not left my desk in the last few days.

Writing is re-writing, and the book is never complete until it is on the shelf. I was so glued to my desk that one friend insisted to stay on the phone with me until I got up and took a twenty minute walk. After my three day shut in, she knew I needed some fresh air. Lori has been spending some time with Aunty, and my dear friend Rory made sure I had food. He showed up at my door last night with enough soba, udon, and tofu to last a few days.

Needless to say, the post about nicknames will be continued shortly.
I have got to get back to work. I want my manuscript, cover letter, bio and synopsis to shine. One friend who has written ten books told me to just let the work speak for itself. And the work he is referring to has to be outstanding. The competition is fierce. But, I truly believe I have what it takes. The story of my first book is heartfelt, refreshing, and real! I am calling it Where There's a Will, There's Renee. It might be the first celebrity memoir by a non-celeb:)

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." ~ Bill Cosby.

1 comment:

brianamet said...

RE -you know how my heart goes out to you with only the most positive of beats!! Best of luck with the book! Luv, BRE

Post a Comment