Wednesday, April 11, 2012

LAUGH OFTEN...

                                                       living the blog...

Because I followed the advice from my last blog post about keeping an open mind, I found myself on the set of a local cable TV station promoting Laughter Yoga.
When they first asked me to be in the video I was sad thinking about Aunty. She would have been an ideal candidate for Laughter Yoga. And, had she been around I would have brought her with me. Yet, I was open enough to my own healing and to continue as best I could with living my life to the fullest. I know that a good way to honor Aunty is by being like her. And, Aunty was as happy and genuine as any human could be. She had mastered the art of wholehearted living and giving.

So, with the wings of Angel Aunty nudging me, I showed up on the set to help my friends promote this healthy practice. Before I knew it I was laughing and unleashing my inner child with abandon. Afterwards, as seen in the photo above, I felt lighter, and less stressed. There really is something to this Laughter Yoga. Laughter is uplifting no matter how down you think you might be. How can you be sad when the corners of your mouth are pointing to heaven?

Here I am (above)with Bill and Linda of Let's Laugh Today http://www.letslaughtoday.com/ and Helen Chin Lui of the Healing Place
http://www.healingplacemedfield.com/

A smile is free, easy, and ageless. And, in my case it's a way to honor Aunty.  The shirt I am wearing here says LAUGH OFTEN. It was a gift. I  am convinced it's a message from Aunty.  She wants me to smile. She wants you to smile too. Here's one of her favorite pictures for proof.

peek-a-boo

2 comments:

Michael said...

Renee, you are sooo good to promote laughter with your friends. We all know that laughter is the best medicine, but yet we get too serious and angry. So let's laugh often, even when a joke is not all that funny, or when there is none. Keep smiling and we all will be happier and more at peace.

brianamet said...

Hey.. I'm all for anything that has kept you looking as youthful as you do. WOW!

Post a Comment