Saturday, May 5, 2012

COUNTING MY BIRTH WEEK BLESSINGS...

 Birthday Ballet

As I look around it seems that adults are having less and less fun. One of the reasons I started this blog was to share my (as well as my late Aunty’s) exuberance and zest for life. I am still grieving the loss of Aunty. I have a serious financial loss on my hands, and I just grew one year older. However, being true to the message of Ageless with Aunty…. I am in the middle of an amazing birthday week! My birthday was Thursday May 3rd. Yet, here I am still celebrating and basking in the joy of being alive! I made sure with a little planning and help from my friends and family, that I would HAVE FUN! And, I can share with the readers of Ageless, celebrating the joy of your own life is awesome. Embracing your birthday for the mere fact of being alive, and that you were born in the first place, is one quick way to feel fantastic.


 So if you have a birthday coming up, don’t fret. Do the opposite. Embrace it, celebrate it, cherish it, and look for the miracles and small surprises that are sure to come your way when you have your mind set to look for the good that the day is meant to bring. If you are reading this blog you are off to a good start. Here at Ageless with Aunty we always focus on the positive. And, I can say for certain now (having watched Aunty live and die) it DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Aunty never got old (and there is proof of that throughout this blog) and she died fully loved and happy! So, If you make it a happy birth day now, you are increasing your chances for a happily ever after!
setting up tea for three


My Birth Week Blessings

Monday: My dear friend Carroll hosted tea for three. Later, Star gazing. The teacher’s name is Steve Martin. He’s a friend, an author, and super cool astronomer.

Tuesday: Banquet at my church following a comforting women’s faith sharing. And, I do mean banquet. Everything is homemade including the desserts.

Wednesday: Friends took me to the simulcast of the Metropolitan Opera’s La Traviata. I fell in love with everything French Soprano, Natalie Dessay, represents (beauty, grace, and an immaculate voice).

Thursday (actual birthday) a well-planned day with Gracie, placing lilacs on Aunty’s grave, and an unexpected little birthday party at my mom’s. Father Kumar sang Happy Birthday to me when I stopped by my old church to pray.

Friday: another friend took me to the ballet (where her son danced the lead) oh my!

Saturday: (tonight) my friends are joining me at the Ashram (one of Aunty’s old stomping grounds) for a super full moon gong meditation, and, a Big Cake. Sat Nam… I am so excited.

Sunday: my nephew Brayden makes his First Holy Communion. That’s on my Birthday Week list because; I fully enjoy spending time with my family. And I love anything with the word “Holy” in it. Amen...

my mother made a homemade rose cake!

If you read between the lines (as I just did) you can see that by studying the stars, praying in church, listening to the opera, and keeping an open heart full of LOVE…My higher power is what truly keeps me ageless! No beauty bar can beat the Holy Spirit! And, if I can sit here and write to you in the aftermath of losing Aunty, the least you can do is have a Happy Birthday Week tooJ

Ageless Aunty says: Start making some FUN plans for your birthday week. And, for those who have lost touch, consider re-connecting with your higher power…

 ~HAPPY BIRTH-WEEK TO YOU~
I had to get Aunty into the picture too. So, I went by the house we used to live...
The birds and the trees are still out back...and so too are the cherished memories.

                                        last year's birthday toasting with angels



4 comments:

Reflections and Travels with Ronaldo said...

Happy Birthday, "Ageless Auntie Junior"!
Ad multos anos.

Dale Fournier said...

Geez Renee, you barely look 30!!

Michael said...

The average person has a birthDAY. You have a birthWEEK. That's creativity, fun, and agelessness all wrapped up in one PRESENT you give yourself. As the saying goes- 'the PRESENT is a gift you give ourself'. You know how to live a full life, and so I will remember that too!!!

Carrie Lynne said...

Fantastic advice here..thank you.

Post a Comment