Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BEHIND THE BLOG...

I Just Keep Rolling Along...

My life is not easy at all. Yet, I continue to get emails, calls, and people coming up to me saying… “What an amazing life you and aunty have… What fun!” Well, yes we do. And, I appreciate those comments and compliments a lot. But, behind the blog, it’s not all one big wild ride…

Aunty has Alzheimer’s (or so they say). She does get forgetful, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, she can not be alone. Since I am the only one caring for her, this can put enormous pressure on me. It’s just me all the time (for several years now). When you care deeply for someone, or some cause, there is usually a lot of work associated with that caring. Who knew devotion had a price? But, I wouldn’t have it any other way. That devotion is what’s keeping Aunty vibrant and glowing in her 86th year of life.

So, …in between yoga gongs, pageants, meeting royalty, hanging out with Senators, and sneaking into sold out shows, I am putting on/in various eye-drops and medications, ordering pills, making doctors appointments (by now Aunty has a doctor for each part of her body, including her toenails). I am following many, absolutely crazy, and unfair, rules and regulations because at this point we are getting some outside help. I answer the same question one million times a day. I search an entire neighborhood and house, at least once a month, for aunty’s lost tooth (she has one little tooth that comes out, I guess you call it a partial) and she always loses it. The piece cost $1,700! We can not afford to have another one made. Which leads to our big stress> Money… We have none. Yes, we fooled you too… We live by the skin of that one take-out tooth. But, through our dearly beloved blog (the one you are reading right now) we focus on the positive (that fun, zesty gumption we both posses) and sure enough, more good keeps coming our way. It’s not always easy, but I found out, things turn out better when you stay positive.

My dear mother always says, “Life is what you make it.” I have packed in a lot of chutzpah, a cup full of spirit, a dash of sass, and a sprinkle of spunk to make mine more fun…no matter what is going on behind the blog.

AGELESS QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What ingredients are you putting into your life to make it better?

2 comments:

pam said...

As Eddie Kendricks says "Keep on Truckin", you're doing a wonderful job!

Trisha said...

I know it's tough, my sweet Magic Friend! Your rewards for your hard work and "chutzpah" are apparent to us all, friends and strangers! Keeping saying: "Too Blessed to be Stressed!" I am always keeping you & Auntie in my prayers & thoughts...luv u! me xoxo

Post a Comment