Wednesday, December 22, 2010

TRADITION...

My friend Carroll and I have a tradition...Christmas Tea for two. What a treat. When I wake up the morning of our tea, I am just as excited as if it were Christmas. For our annual tea day, once I get Aunty all settled and off to her day program, instead of heading into my office, I get in my car and drive down a long country road to Carroll's . To enhance the mood, and as part of the ritual, I play Alabama's Christmas CD. This heartfelt compilation is one of my favorites. I sing along to the tender tunes knowing my dear friend will be waiting for me with plenty of homemade treats and a warm pot of tea. And here she pictured above, doing just that. All this for me....

We sit, we chat, we sip, we play carols, but, most of all we continue a tradition we started several years ago. And even though our tea was last Monday... I am still smiling now. It really is the little things, like sharing a pot of sugarplum tea with a friend, that make the season shine, and create lasting memories.




Since we both enjoy coffee too, I brought along my all time favorite holiday blend...Spicy Eggnog by Green Mountain coffee! It's Eggnog transformed into a delicious and festive coffee. Carroll and I just kept pouring and drinking away.... http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/



As far as a superb cup of coffee, right along side the Eggnog, is Ho Ho Joe's from Beanstock Coffee Roasters. It's truly amazing. Nothing puts me in a more cheerful mode then a cup of this magical blend. Beanstalk has mixed hazelnut, vanilla,  and chestnut, against a background of cinnamon. A certain Elf tells me it's the official drink at the North Pole. If you are looking for a perfect Christmas Coffee, Ho Ho Joe's is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment