Friday, January 7, 2011

FIRST DAY GIRLS


My first three pictures of the New Year were: my sister Juliann, graciously hosting a New Year’s gathering, a dear little family friend holding her beloved pet Pudding Pie, in a basket, and me with a Madi Gras mask.

The images made me realize how we all have our way of making others feel good. I have always been entertaining everyone and making people laugh. So, wearing a feathery,glittery mask while sitting down to dinner with the family, as if this were my normal attire, amused my clan, and any friends who stopped by.

My sister enjoys opening her home and preparing wonderful foods and exotic treats. It’s always Christmas at her house, and she makes everything look easy. Here she is with a party horn, after three hours in the kitchen.


And, my precious Jasmine loves to share her bunny-rabbit with everyone who comes through the door. This kind child knows she is making people happy by letting them cuddle and pet such a soft, adorable animal.

The more I looked at the pictures, and knew where each person’s heart was, the more I smiled.

What's in your heart basket…

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Awwwww, so sweet. Your posts always touch my heart, but this one, well, a wee bit more. You have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Very Good!!

Interesting all the way!!

Post a Comment