Monday, January 17, 2011

MY WINTER VACATION...

You're Looking at it

My niece just called me from Maui (keep in mind she's sixteen). My cousin is packing for Florida, only to return for a cross country trek on his Harley. My neighbor is on her way around the world AGAIN, while I get texts from Texas. And my sister keeps sending me pictures of herself floating around the Mediterranean. I would show you one of those images if I could locate the file.

As I mentioned in the last post, a vacation is just not in my budget, so, I open my door, and walk around the neighborhood. I often sit on this bench to do my daily meditation, and then fantasize about Italy and Paris. But, obviously, not lately (the sitting that is)...


I know at some point I will travel, like everyone I know, including my twelve year old niece who spends her summers on Martha's Vineyard because her best friend's family owns a home there.

But, for now, I can see a big, beautiful world right in my own backyard!

HAPPY TRAILS...

2 comments:

Renee Gold said...

My friend just brought it to my attention that I sounded like i was complaining in this post. I guess I was feeling a bit down (even with such a grand view)that everyone around me is traveling...even my young relatives!

I really am happy for those who get to go away...And, I love hearing about their trips. My time will come...

whatever.. said...

Well, who wouldn't feel envy after looking at a photo of some crystal blue water?! Anyway, your winter wonderland looks lovely compared to my dreary NY snow slush and I am enjoying it. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

Post a Comment