Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A GOOD PLACE TO BE...

with world famous author David Sedaris who just happens to be my writing idol

I am in a pretty good place for an unpublished writer. Agents all over the country are interested in my work! I have a manuscript and book proposals out there at agent’s request. Yippee! However, this did not happen over night…

I have been paying my dues as a writer for some time now. I have written several screenplays (not produced yet), and have been killed with enthusiasm from Hollywood. One producer told me “Your work is so refreshing and funny, but we are not doing any more animal movies.” This was long before Beverly Hills Chihuahua and the twenty other films like it. I have handled my share of rejection from the best of them, including Disney and Warner Bros. I am part of a dedicated and sometimes grueling writing group. It’s not always easy to write the same chapter over and over again twenty times. I now have a polished manuscript, a blog, and the start of a second book, with outlines for a third and fourth. It’s a passion that could easily keep me busy if I did nothing but write. And, I have not made any money from writing yet. I do it all for love. However, anything is possible with hard work and drive. I have given that pound of flesh they say all writers must give, and the “ten years” of paying your dues and building your craft that Dennis Lehane talks about. In my case, it’s been even longer. I am poised for my big break. I visualize getting discovered and signing with an agent soon.

Thank you to all of you, please keep reading. I don’t just write for myself. What is a writer without readers? I value your time, interest, and commitment. Thanks for hitching your wagon to the Renee-A-Palooza Pony Express. We do have a lot of fun don’t we? And, as a bonus, we stay Ageless along the way. Aunty agrees. She is in the living room puffing on her fake cigarette, not looking anywhere close to 90!

Your comments are welcome ….please don’t be shy… Is there something you are working hard at too? Are you getting closer to your goal? Do you smoke a fake cigarette?


5 comments:

brianamet said...

Renee...stay true to your dream. Your passion will bring everything you write to life.

pam said...

I enjoyed my time over the holidays with you and Aunty. I had more laughs! That is a sure way to stay Ageless.

Unknown said...

I do not smoke a fake cigarette, but have admiration for anyone that does. It is so more refined than the organic ones that are, regrettably, out of fashion at the moment.

whatever.. said...

Looking forward to the tales of Renee and Ageless Aunty in 2011!

Trisha said...

Your Dream is already a reality...in your heart! So, pretty soon, we shall all see it in our present realm, yes? LOVE this blog. LOVE the way you write; it's refreshing; it's UPLIFTING...and God knows, we all need to be uplifted, encouraged and "egged on" to reach our own Ageless Realm...You Go Renee! And, hey, I wanna go with you, k?

Post a Comment