Wednesday, January 19, 2011

YELLOW-BRICK UGGS

One pair is mine

Right before Christmas, a dear friend asked me what I wanted for a gift. Off the top of my head, all I could think of was a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble or Whole Foods. She didn’t like that idea, and said she wanted to buy me an actual present. She asked what I really wanted. Since she is pretty generous, I told her a pair of Ugg slippers was high on my wish list, and that I had wanted a pair for a long time.

Being so busy, the next day, when a box arrived in the mail, I did not make the connection to my friend. I had no idea who the package was from or what was inside. I let it sit in my hallway for a few days. When I did open it, there was a pair of those super fine Santa Ugg Boots that I had just blogged about. They were utterly fabulous.

When I called to thank my pal she told me, “I figured you really wanted those boots and not the slippers.” That was not necessarily true. But, once I stepped into those boots I just flipped for them. I love the fun style and all that fluffy fur. The boots turned out to be a perfect gift. They are so comfortable, I hardly take them off. They also made me realize the power of my blog! No one would have ever known I desired that particular fashion item unless they were looking at my blog. People are reading it. That’s the best gift of all!

Maybe if I click my heels together three times, I will end up smack dab in the middle of a lucrative book deal. Especially if I do the clicking in these boots, on this blog… where magic continues to flow…..


Has there been any magic in your life lately? Keep reading and there will be. Or get yourself a pair of Uggs. These things are so cozy you will find yourself slipping into a fantastical state of bliss. I think every pair of Uggs comes with their own little (imaginary)Yellow-Brick Road. To prove this might be true...these boots now come in sparkling sequin. http://www.uggaustrailia.com/

By the way, my sister wants you to know…she had the Dior-looking Uggs first.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

brianamet said...

Re...it looks like you've got an extra right foot in the picture !

Tara said...

wow looks so beautiful in white.

Post a Comment