Think about how you wake up each morning. Are you hitting the snooze button, rushing to get ready for work, skipping breakfast or forgetting to do something? Transforming your morning from chaos to tranquility can have a profound effect on the rest of your day, and this meditation technique can help you develop that habit. A morning tea meditation is a beautiful mindful exercise that reminds you to slow down and appreciate the little things in life. It allows you to start your day the way you'd like it to go!
- Set up an area or sacred space for your tea ritual. Set up a chair and table area where you can have your tea, crystals and fresh flowers. Avoid reading the newspaper or a magazine, using your cell phone or unnecessary clutter.
- Choose your tea, favorite mug and/or sweetener, and place them all out on the table.
- Fill a kettle or pot with water, and place it on the stove to boil. As the water is boiling, don't do anything else. Just sit with patience.
- When the kettle whistles, slowly pour hot water over your tea leaves or bag, and add any additions you would like.
- Sit at the area you designated for your tea ceremony.
- Before you take a sip, take a moment and give thanks for the cup of tea in front of you. So often, we take for granted the little things we encounter each day, but we are so fortunate to have them.
- Enjoy your tea. To feel the power of this exercise, drink it slowly. Savor each sip, tasting the different flavors that exist in the tea. Feel each sip as it hits your lips and tongue, and how it soothes your throat, stomach and soul.
This post is 100% courtesy of Energy Muse www.energymuse.com
And if you are like me, after the pause, reflection, and thanks you can play some great tea music like Tommy Dorsey When I take My Sugar to Tea....