Sunday, August 5, 2012

A SWIM, A NEW PHONE, AND GEARING UP FOR MY OWN GOLD!




I am in a Michael Phelps state of mind...
He is one of my all-time favorite athletes and Olympians. It was thrilling to hear about his glory in London. Now he has a World Record for most medals ever…22!  His trophy says, The Greatest Olympic Athlete of All Time." I am just floored by that!

Unfortunately for me I did not get to watch him. I have no TV these days. I had to make a choice: a new Samsung Galaxy S3 phone or Cable TV. I chose the former especially since I have not had a cell phone for over two years (I had been lugging around an old borrowed phone the size of a brick). Besides, I have to start looking and feeling the part of a successful business woman who carries the world in the palm of her hand. With a phone that feels like it has spaceship capabilities I can do that.  I will elaborate more on my entrepreneurial endeavor in my next post since many have been asking what exactly I was referring to in my last post.
Getting back to Mr. Phelps for a moment, all this talk of the Summer Olympics and Michael Phelps has encouraged me to do something I have wanted to do for a long time….get into the water.
The last two nights (the temperature had exceeded ninety degrees) I went for a summer evening swim.

Ahh…let me say that again…. A summer~ evening~ swim ~.

 I had not felt so relaxed, refreshed, rejuvenated and alive in a long time.

IN the water is the place to be. They don’t call it the Fountain of Youth for nothing.
somewhere water awaits you
The people I know who do swim regularly are not only thin, but, they glow.

So, if I want to do my job well and hopefully inspire you to “live well, have fun, and remain ageless….” Then I MUST PLEAD with you to GET THE HECK IN THE WATER TODAY, somehow some way! And, while you let your cares and woes, any aches and pains disperse into the H2o…I will check out YouTube and watch Michael Phelps bring home the Gold! I might even envision that is me on the podium proudly holding my product up with the world cheering on. Given all I have up my sleeves this glorious scenario could easily happen! Just be patient….Mr. Phelps trained for over twenty years to get all those medals. I started paying my dues back in the mid-nineties. I am starting to feel poised for my own success.

 FOR THE RECORD: one year ago today I took Aunty to the beach! She loved it….

Ageless Tip: if it’s chlorine you are diving into simply rub oil on your body before you swim. You will emerge with soft moist skin and a clearer mind.

What is your Golden Quest….And how are you preparing? TAKE A DIP AND THINK ABOUT IT...

1 comment:

brianamet said...

Re...I, too, am a Michael Phelps fanatic! Have you seen the interview where he talks about how he almost gave it all up? It's heart wrenching..he should have never been dropped by all those supporters... anyway, it's really corny to say, but I think Michael is a true American Hero! He deserves as much respect and admiration as any man can have!

Post a Comment