Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BILL GATES, ALBERT EINSTEIN, AND ME...


What do I have in common with two of the world's smartest men? At one time or another both Bill Gates and Albert Einstein played a game called GO. And now so do I!  According to Wikipedia GO is a board game for two players that originated in China more than 2,500 years ago. The game is noted for being rich in strategy despite its relatively simple rules. According to chess master Emanuel Lasker: "The rules of Go are so elegant, organic, and rigorously logical that if intelligent life forms exist elsewhere in the universe, they almost certainly play Go."[2


When I saw a sign at my local library to join a GO club I instantly signed up. For me the game is not easy at all given the infinite possibilities. I am still learning. But I must say I feel my brain grooving on the great vibe the game elicits. This game is played in the spirit of respect and courtesy. And Go inevitably challenges and expands a players ability to concentrate.

These days we all need to keep our minds limber. Learning and playing GO is one sure way to have fun while watering your mind. And, making new friends by connecting with others is crucial to our good health.

Now, if I ever meet Bill Gates, I will have something to talk about. Because if it weren't for GO, I would probably complain to him about my problem with Windows! 

For more about this fascinating game you can go to www.usgo.org
Remember everyone was a beginner once and these days you can even play and learn online!
My brain on GO

4 comments:

Holly said...

You GO, girl!

MinistryOfScience said...

Bravo! Another fine and inspirational tidbit

Michael said...

You are certainly a leader. Even though, GO has been around longer than Chest, I was surprised that I never discovered it earlier. I only recently started playing GO and enjoy it immensely. I highly recommned it to anyone who wants to have fun and at the same time, improving your memory. GO improves your left and right brain whereas chest only improves your left brain. Way to GO!!!

brianamet said...

Uh, unfortunately, my brain's beyond any help!!!

Post a Comment