Friday, November 27, 2020

RENEE'S FAVORITE THINGS....AKA MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST!


 Every year around this time Oprah publishes her Favorite Things list, and, so do I! The only thing different between her list and mine is….mine is two-fold. My list serves as great gift ideas and my own Christmas Wish List! So, if there is a Santa out there, please listen up! I am sure Oprah has stocked up mile high with all her favorite things, but I am simply dreaming, wishing, and drooling for mine.

Yet, even if I don’t receive any of these wonderful items (it’s fun sometimes to wish and dream) I will be happy for anyone who does….the following make great gifts for all those who have been really good this year.

And of course, there is no greater gift then L-O-V-E, and it truly is better to give then to receive, But, in the meantime…

Renee’s Christmas Wish list and Gift Suggestions in no special order….

Slip on Uggs/Ugg Boots in any color or style!  They are just so comfortable I have worn the two pairs I have had (both gifts) completely out.  I just love them and they are one of the coziest products on the market. Make someone blissful. I hear Santa wears these in his sleigh!


How about 100 per cent cotton pj’s? These are pure comfort and joy! I have been sleeping in Ming’s and Auntie’s pajamas for years now.  How about Geisha Flannel Pajama’s from Cat’s Pj’s…but anything pure cotton makes me smile, even long johns would be nice.

 And I-pad/tablet. I may be the only one on planet earth in a developed country without a lap top and microwave but I don’t think I can go without a tablet much longer. I dream of searching the internet and listening to podcasts on one. I can only imagine it must be a great way to get through the pandemic.

The Power of Now CD/Book. I follow Ekhart Tolle (ET) and am currently on full scholarship floating through his Being the Light Course. Anyone on the path who wants to deepen their spirituality ET is a must! Oprah and I agree…ET is the man! Truly one of my top five books of all time! I’ve taken it out of the library ten times. Buy it for yourself! Buy it for everyone.

I have been savoring and relishing green and white teas since 1997…it’s my favorite drink, with select coffee as a close second. And like high-quality tea, high-quality coffee is expensive these days, especially the coffee I would like to enjoy more often. I might add that since I research things for my blog Ageless with Aunty, I can say for certain I have not found a better coffee anywhere on earth then these two:  HO HO Joe’s. This top-notch coffee is utterly sublime. The smell alone is worth the price. It’s a coffee from Cape Cod (a company called Beanstock) and the Ho HO Joe’s features hints of chestnut, a subtle touch of vanilla, with a cinnamon background. Aunty loved it. My coffee connoisseur mother loves it, and so will you!  There is also a super fabulous coffee called Ming Tsai’s Mushroom Coffee in regular or decafe. Both of these blends are outstanding and would make a great gift.  I know it’s just coffee but try these and your spoon will swoon.


One hard to reach item is this Japanese incense that I adore. Since it’s only available in Japan maybe Santa will grab me a batch while he’s on that side of the world.  Its’ called Lisn by Shyoeido and this particular one is Sound on Wave!!! It’s alluring and sensuous and simply sublime. It carries me away….a great stocking stuffer too (if you can find it).

And speaking of carried away someone recently told me that you haven’t lived until you taste a 20 year old Borolo Wine. I think they might be right. I have to say just hanging out with my foodie and wine loving family (aside from Jules, my sister’s own personal prosecco rose) I have fallen head over heels for Borolo, Burgundy and Bordeaux (Red) wines.  I only recently realized how amazing these top quality wines actually are. And now I dream of them.  I hope Santa will stop by with a bottle of one of these gems for me. I have been exceptionally good this year! And, if you don’t believe me as to the quality of these vintages hear what Wine experts say…

Traditionally crafted, this opens with classic Nebbiolo aromas of leather, tilled earth, dried rose petal, ripe berry and grilled herb. The ripe palate delivers mature black cherry, crushed raspberry, black pepper and baking spices alongside firm but refined tannins." - Wine Enthuiast

The finish goes on forever….

Spanx jeans or leather leggings. I had no idea this company made pants! My sisters wear them and they look great! Santa you might want to get a pair for Mrs. Claus.

Books Books and Never Ever enough books…. Santa, you are smart so you know how important reading is. Help me complete my library with… The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wholleben, (the whole planet should read this gem), How I Built This by Guy Roz, and the 100th Annual Edition of the 2021 Writer’s Market!!!! By now the entire world knows my dream is to get my writing published. This book will help me make it happen real soon!

And speaking of writing…Well, for over ten years now I have been coveting stand up desks!! I know Santa wants me to be healthy and sitting at your desk all day certainly is not.  I hear that UPlift desks are the best!  They even have a hammock so you can relax and chill in between all your standing and editing. This would be a divine gift for the hardworking writer or computer geek in your life. My hands get tired too from all the typing. So, Santa, I’ll gladly take a roller ball pen if the desk can’t fit into your sleigh.


How about a Fit Bit!  Now this is a gift that WILL make you feel like you can live forever. Santa I’ve got to find a way to get one of these. Do you have one? You should definitely get one for yourself. WE need you to be around for a long time.

And since I do plan a socially distanced visit with you Santa one has to be extra warm and comfy when visiting the North Pole, and given this pandemic I am not planning to be indoors very much this winter (except my own home) so, how about a Canadian goose down coat. I hear they are the warmest EVER!!!!  Someday my coat will come.

How about giving someone a personal organizer!  I save a lot of things. I still have some of Aunty’s clothes, Ming’s things, and the tags from my mother’s Christmas gifts, and so much more. An experienced professional organizer would literally help me clear my path to success.  REALLY! Sometimes I think it would save my life! If you know someone who doesn’t like to throw things away, now this is a great idea.


And if Santa wants to be extravagant this year… I could surely use a new car. I love Honda’s. Ming had one, I had one, and well, they are simply awesome.  I can only imagine the feeling of owning a new car since I have not ever had one. I drive a great deal to see my family and I could get there much more safely in a new vehicle. My old clunker is ready to retire….so before you retire Santa, consider granting me this wish. You don’t even have to leave your home. I hear they ship cars right to your doors these days. I’ll take a Honda Accord in any color. Heck, to show you I am not greedy at all, I’ll take four new tires for my 15 year old Ford or another year of Triple A! 

Last but certainly not least, since it’s been a tough year for all of us….How about a real magic wand?! I know of only one in existence with only a few available. And who couldn’t use a golden Magical Wand about now?! I happen to know a funky fairy God-mother who has a few for sale, so just ask me for the info.

And, if you don’t want to get me that real magic wand I have no problem with a Wine Wand which pairs perfectly with that fine wine you will be bringing me. (I have allergies and placing a wine wand in my glass of red makes the sulfites magically go away and I am a really happy sipper). I can tell you exactly where to get one…you take that third right on Mains Street across from Rudolph’s Pub and next to Herbie the Dentist, and there you will find the Total Wine store on the North Pole! Cheers.

Santa you don’t have to spend a lot…I will still be very happy with a few stacks of yellow lined paper, postage stamps, Elta MD body lotion, any faux candles (I love the ones that flicker and look real and even tiny ones too), or any socks, undergarments, long sleeve tee’s that are 100 per cent cotton. It’s all about comfort.

Thanks Santa! I will keep up all my favorite holiday traditions this year even if I have to do them from a distance and with a mask on. Nothing will ever stop me from celebrating.  I love the holidays and I love you!  And I particularly enjoy giving and receiving gifts…..we are all kids at the holidays… and about now we ALL DESERVE some joy!

Truth be told…it was really fun to put this list together BUT the greatest gifts are those you cannot buy, like A phone call or visit from a loved one, time with friends and family, getting to spend time with the little ones that I love. Nothing can top that feeling of love and time with family and close friends. Merry Merry and happy giving and receiving and memory making! Please wear your mask, that is the BEST gift you can give the world this year and it cost you nothing.

Added note: Once again my friends and I are giving to the less fortunate. I may not have a new car or a really warm coat, but, I have food and a roof over my head and in tough times, my sister’s hand me downs. Let’s be extra grateful this year that we have each other and we made it this far…..With health, family/friends, and faith, we have it all…..please share what you have now more than ever!

 

In deep humble gratitude,

Renee Faith

 

No comments:

Post a Comment