Monday, October 18, 2010

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT!

Looks like an international best-selling author to me

Public speaking is not easy… it takes courage, confidence, or great acting skills. I was a little anxious before I read a passage from my book at this past weekend’s Boston Book Festival (http://www.bostonbookfestival.org/). The moderator of Grub St.’s (http://www.grubstreet.org/) Guided Open Mic, was published author Steve Almond (who has made an appearance on this blog). He assured us it’s natural to be nervous. “It shows how much this means to you.”


So…pretending to be a best-selling author, I got up and read. Lucky for me, that white light and good karma I have been blogging about are still following me. You can see all that excellent energy floating around in the picture here. It’s worth noting, the more positive and clear my thinking is, the more favorable vibes emitted. It really is amazing.

The audience seemed to enjoy my piece. After the reading, one little girl at the next presentation, asked for my autograph! What a thrill. What a treat. I thought,…see what happens when you walk through your fear…. Things just keep getting better and better!

I wanted to share my experience with my readers. Take a risk today by putting yourself out there. Do something you have been afraid to do. The exhilaration rush when it’s over is worth it. Fearlessness is a way to Agelessness…

PUBLISHING TIP: For anyone who dreams of getting published, reading your work aloud is the ultimate test. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The more you practice reading out loud, the better the work becomes.



3 comments:

Student Accomodation said...

hey great article..now i too can say..fearlessness is a way to agelessness...
Student Accommodation

brianamet said...

Can you give us any details on your book?!??!

Renee Gold said...

I will have to ask my agent....
But, I will say, my story is funny and refreshing...even romantic! And, it's all true.

Post a Comment