Wednesday, May 11, 2011

IT'S A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY...

My Red Velvet Cake

I mentioned in a previous post that I celebrate my May 3 birthday all month long! Why not?

On the Tuesday morning, May 3, 2011, my neighbor rang my doorbell and greeted me with flowers. Later that day, I treated myself to a luxurious massage...it was worth every penny. Have you ever had a smooth hot stone massaged over your sore back? In the evening, a close friend took me to dinner. We sipped Thai Ice Tea (a must try) and spicy Thai food.

The next day, Lori, tracked me down at the grocery store and excitedly gave me a present. She had ordered this groovy sparkling necklace, similar to one I had seen Madonna wearing. As soon as it arrived in the mail, Lori drove around town to hand deliver it. My friend going out of her way like that was an awesome gift in itself.
May 5th, I recieved a belated card from one of my sisters announcing she would be taking me to lunch later in the month to "continue Renee-A-Palooza."  I also recieved an invite to tea, and another friend sent the most amazing perfume I have ever come across. Knowing I like to give names to everyone and everything, she sent it in an unmarked bottle. The scent is so mysterious and alluring, I call it Houses of the Holy, and it makes me swoon.

A few days later, still celebrating May 3, on May 7th, six of us went out to dinner. We splurged on sushi, sake and champagne. I had so much fun, got so much attention, and even more presents, I felt like Britney.

Meanwhile, my sister Juliann is somewhere in Monaco living it up and honoring my birthday month. She sent this picture saying, "We'll celebrate May 3 as soon as I get back!"
Juliann giving me the peace sign, but for us it also means Peace Promise....I love you!

When I think of the flowers, the cards, the phone calls, the emails, and all the presents, I get FILLED with gratitude. I can not help but think of the film It's a Wonderful Life. If we give of ourselves and touch others, when our birthday comes along, we won't be forgotten.
To everyone who remembered my birthday, I thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment