Thursday, June 9, 2011

SHE LOVES ME, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH…

Me and my cold Momokawa Sake


As promised, I carried the festivities of celebrating my May birthday, all the way into June…with a little bit of help.

When a small group of friends helped me celebrate this year, gathered around the table of a small Japanese restaurant, we started singing and carrying on. I knew we might cause a scene if we continued the high-decibel merrymaking. We quieted down and went back to having our regular fun with an ordering frenzy and a sushi fest. But, something tells me we were just as loud. I don’t think it’s possible to enjoy yourself that much in a restaurant without a little noise.

A couple of weeks ago one of my sisters took me out to lunch to honor my birthday. And what a time we had. We laughed so hard I honestly thought they might ask us to leave. I didn’t know you could feel so good at one o'clock in the afternoon on a Tuesday. My sister even bought me a cup of the world’s most expensive and healthiest tea.

One of the most touching gifts this year was from my sister who lives in California. I don’t get to see her as often as I would like to and I love her very much. When she was a toddler she got into my Beatles Album collection and scribbled on the covers and broke one of the records. I was devastated! I secretly cried (because I didn’t want to hurt her feelings because she was so young). I thought I would never get over it. I LOVE THE BEATLES!

Well, last night after that same sister treated me to the most outstanding lobster dinner at the Blue Ginger (my favorite restaurant) she had them bring out a cake she had had made just for me. It was a big, funky cake with a record player (that looked like the one I had growing up) with a Beatles Album being played!!! I was  stunned. I was also touched. Then it got even better. When the waitress came back to cut and serve my creative delight… the cake was Red Velvet! I was over the moon knowing that my sister loves me that much! And, that I got my Beatles Album back.

Thinking about it now…by not getting overly upset with the desecration of my beloved record collection, all those years ago, I was putting out good karma. And, decades later my Beatles Album came back to me with love, sugar, and a sister’s smile.

Birthday - The Beatles
You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you…
This Blog is Magic...Make a Wish



4 comments:

Linda said...

What a special day and what a fantastic sister you have! I love red velvet cake and the Beatles, too!

Letslaughtoday said...

I'm sure you had a great time and also laughed together! letslaughtoday.com

brianamet said...

"I used to live for my stereo and my record albums"...well, before everything went digital. Re, I know how much music means to you..how could I ever forget when you asked them to play Peg by Steely Dan when we were out to dinner for MY BIRTHDAY, and you danced up a storm!!! I also remember singing Carpenter songs while were were dancing with my cats!!! The Beatles are still in my heart...and in my ears! LUV U!

Starless said...

For the sake of sake! That may have been the best Renee-A-Palooza in years!

Post a Comment