Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"WHAT IS SHE GOING TO DO NEXT?"


I have been known to crash a party or two. I have managed to sneak into sold-out concerts, maneuver myself into front row seats, and have even made my way into the MTV awards by hitching myself on to another’s posse (including the late Rick James’). But, until recently, I had never crashed a famous person’s bathroom.

On a recent tour of historic New England homes, my family and I went gaga over a particular house. We were in awe over how Boston’s Celebrity Chef, Lydia Shire, decorated her amazing and whimsical home. See her dinner table below.


At one point I left the tour, and snuck into one of the many bathrooms to snap a picture. Wow… the red Japanese wall paper was exotic, and really stood out. Graced on the all glass, see-through sink was a tall lily plant coming out of a shimmery fairy planter. Miss Shire showcased more creativity and flair in that small bathroom than many people do in an entire home.

At the end of the day, I felt like I had satisfied my daily chutzpah quota. If I am not pushing the envelope, even if it’s just secretly snapping a picture of an illustrious chef’s bathroom in Boston, then I don’t feel right. Everyone who knows me always asks…. “What are you going to do next?” That’s what this blog is all about (aside from staying Ageless with Aunty) nothing plain and simple here. My life is one madcap adventure…and from now on, I am taking my readers over-the-top and along for the ride. Strap yourself in. Renee’s Big Surf’s up. There is endless virtual summer fun on the horizon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the tour. Made me feel like I was on a Hollywood movie set!

Post a Comment