Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER...

Jump out of your winter doldrums….


Like George Harrison sang, in Here Comes the Sun, Little Darling, It’s been a long cold lonely winter

We hear you, Mr. Beatle… If one more person tells me they have the winter blahs, I might just fly away. But, who can’t relate, even a little bit. This winter has been a rough one, and it’s not over yet.

Here at Ageless, no matter the weather, we pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and get out and have some fun. As much as I love the snow, I was tired of all the shoveling and that occasional closed in feeling. With Aunty here, I can’t just run outside when it snows and make snow angels. She likes me inside with her. At times I felt stuck. So, last Saturday night, I got a small group together, and we headed out to Donkey Show, the ultimate disco experience. Everyone in our party, especially those who say they don’t dance, had a ball.

 
Is it really two degrees outside?  I wish Travolta could see me now.

We laughed, joked, jumped, hooted, and hollered. Sure, it was freezing outside, but I knew I couldn’t take another night in the house! You’ll be amazed what happens when you make a little effort. I know it takes a bit of doing to get people together, but, even if it’s just two, do something fun for no reason at all. Or, just to get one up on old man winter! My family and I heated things up on that frigid night. When was the last time the words, I had a terrific time, came out of your mouth? You are the only one who can transform another Saturday night on the couch into exhilaration. If you want to, that is.

A friend suggested I throw a Glad to be Alive Party. Can anyone put me in touch with Snoop? Since he rapped for the Mitch-A-Palooza Freedom Festival in the film Old School, (remember that great scene) why not Renee-A-Palooza?! Come on now and sing it to me...

we are family

Working at the Carwash...

For more on Donkey Show go to http://www.americanrepertorytheater.org/

I will be posting other fun-filled suggestions on beating the winter blues, and how to spice up your spring….

6 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

What fun! Sometimes a gal's gotta soar with the eagles and hoot with the owls!

sunset canvas art said...

Looks like a great time!

June said...

Haha I agree, looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

landscape canvas prints said...

Wow, you guys know how to party!

art on canvas said...

Working at the car wash, woh woh woh!

Jay said...

Haha love that song, looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Post a Comment