Monday, December 14, 2009

YOU CAN'T BOTTLE THIS...

PRECIOUS CARGO

Make friends, call friends, visit friends, gift friends, stroll with friends, listen to friends, support friends, and gather with friends. Make more friends.
If they are willing, put crazy, silly, funny hats, crowns, and tiaras on their heads. Laugh a lot. Take pictures. Get giddy….

We all have so much to do these days, but making the effort to stay in touch with our friends is a gift we give ourselves. Today is the beginning of the Christmas rush (at least for me), yet, I took time out of my demanding schedule to drive over the river and through the woods to a dear friends house for our annual Christmas Tea. She set aside time out of her even busier day, to prepare a wonderful luncheon for us. I brought her a special gift and she gave me a homemade Holiday Greens Basket and a gift certificate to Rishi tea…the company I raved about a few blogs ago. I feel so blessed. Connecting with friends and keeping tradition is like being the richest person in the world. As a matter of fact, as I admire the lovely holly berry arrangement she made just for me, finish gobbling the homemade Danish pastry she sent me home with, and think about how she honored our tradition and our friendship, even though one of her children was home sick, and her husband is preparing for surgery in the morning, right now, I am!

Since I am seeing more friends and family this week, I think I will return that eye cream I just bought. The balm of friendship is more effective than anything I can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment