Friday, January 22, 2010

PURPLE PAIN REMOVER...

Nail Polish & Coffee

I am glad to announce our very own Ageless Aunty has found a creative and effective way to reduce pain!

Aunty may be vivacious, and spunky in her (almost) ninth decade of living, but she is still human. And every now and again, Father Time packs a wallop of pain and thrusts it her way. This usually comes in the form of hip, back, shoulder, even eye pain. Sometime the aching can be pretty harsh, and because we are so close, her suffering becomes mine. It’s a double downer. But since Aunty and I have promised this blog to be about living well, having fun, and remaining Ageless…. we have come up with something pretty darn clever if you ask me…

Yesterday, Aunty’s pain came in the guise of a bad headache. She never complains, but you could see the uncomfortable grimace on her face. I suggested she might lie down for a while, but Aunty suggested, “How about painting my nails?” I placed about twenty candy colored bottles on the table. Before I could even ask which one, “Purple,” she stated. “That’s my favorite.” As soon as I opened the fancy bubble-like vial, she started smiling and I could see the pain start to ease. Each stroke of the tiny brush dripping with a bright hue of dew seemed to take a smidgen of her pain away. When I was done, Aunty held her hands up admiring the results. Forgetting about whatever discomfort she may have had, she asked that we go out for some coffee (another one of her ageless staples I am convinced). Here she is enjoying her all time favorite brew, showing off her purple nails happy as a lark…

Try some color therapy next time pain hits. We think painting your toenails may even increase the relief (the brighter the better). And if you deep breathe, and step back from it all…. the pain will fade away….
Added Bonus: when this is done by someone you love, it is almost a guarantee the pain will subside.

1 comment:

Michelle McLean said...

Purple is my favorite too :) Sometimes I think just losing yourself in something you enjoy can be very soothing. Great post :)

Post a Comment